Disclosure Statement: Durand Financial Services Pty Ltd and its advisers are authorised representatives of Fortnum Private Wealth Ltd ABN 54 139 889 535 AFSL 357306. General Advice Warning: The information contained within this website does not consider your personal circumstances and is of a general nature only. You should not act on it without first obtaining professional financial advice specific to your circumstances.
12 April 2021
When completing your next business activity statement (BAS), remember:
- Keep accurate and complete records of all sales, fees, expenses, wages and other business costs.
- Use our Record keeping evaluation tool to help you assess how well you’re keeping your business records.
- Only lodge one BAS for each period. If your form has been replaced, you should use the replacement form and not the original.
- If you lodge electronically, there’s no need to send us the paper form.
- Only complete fields that apply to you. If you have nothing to report, enter zero.
- Make sure that you have entered the figures for your obligations at the correct label.
- Enter whole dollar amounts – leave cents out and don’t round up to the next dollar.
- Lodge online and you may get an extra two weeks to to lodge and pay your BAS.
- Registered tax agents and BAS agents can help you.
Remember, if you’ve made a mistake you can revise or fix the mistake on your next BAS.