Disclosure Statement: Durand Financial Services Pty Ltd and its advisers are authorised representatives of Fortnum Private Wealth Ltd ABN 54 139 889 535 AFSL 357306. General Advice Warning: The information contained within this website does not consider your personal circumstances and is of a general nature only. You should not act on it without first obtaining professional financial advice specific to your circumstances.
(Australian Associated Press)
* Gross domestic product rose 0.3 per cent in the March quarter, taking annual growth to 1.7 per cent.
* Exports fell 1.6 per cent in the quarter, mainly due to a drop in shipments of mineral ores and coal.
* Dwelling investment fell 4.4 per cent in the quarter, with every state other than Victoria recording a decline.
* Wages and salaries rose 1.0 per cent in quarter.
* Household spending rose 0.5 per cent in the quarter, driven by higher electricity, gas and fuel costs.
* Household savings ratio dipped to 4.7 per cent and has now fallen more than 2 percentage points in 12 months.