Disclosure Statement: Durand Financial Services Pty Ltd and its advisers are authorised representatives of Fortnum Private Wealth Ltd ABN 54 139 889 535 AFSL 357306. General Advice Warning: The information contained within this website does not consider your personal circumstances and is of a general nature only. You should not act on it without first obtaining professional financial advice specific to your circumstances.
(Australian Associated Press)
KEY POINTS FOR THE AGED CARE ROYAL COMMISSION
* To be based in Adelaide, but hearings will take place across the country.
* Honourable Justice Joseph McGrath and Lynelle Briggs have been selected as commissioners.
* Justice McGrath is a judge of the Supreme Court of Western Australia, while Ms Briggs is a former chief of Medicare and has served as the Australian Public Service Commissioner.
* An interim report will be due by October 31, 2019, with the final report by April 30, 2020.
* The government received more than 5000 submissions and consulted with medical and aged care professionals before setting out the terms of reference.
AGED CARE ROYAL COMMISSION TERMS OF REFERENCE
* Quality and safety including the extent of substandard care.
* How to best deliver care services to people with disabilities residing in aged care facilities including younger people.
* How to best deliver care to the increasing number of Australians living with dementia.
* Future challenges and opportunities for delivering accessible, affordable and high quality aged care services, including people’s desire to remain living at home as they age, and aged care in rural, regional and remote Australia.
* What the government, the aged care sector, Australian families and the community can do to strengthen care services to ensure quality and safety.
* How to allow people greater choice, control and independence and how to improve engagement with families and carers.
* How to best deliver sustainable aged care services through innovative care and investment in the aged care workforce and infrastructure.
* Any matters that the commissioners believe is relevant to their inquiry.